Better yet – get caught.
C’ing yourself in a whole new way.
And Moi, you are looking très magnifique.
This is the Dose.
I create them.
Yup. I do.
And no one is more surprised by this than eeny, meeny, miny…MOI!
Let me give you a brief history of The Dose and how this creative fuel has changed lives. Starting with mine.
- Heard about Pinterest last spring – one GIANT online bulletin board. A huge oversimplification but you get the idea. I resisted, too much going on.
- Attended a networking meeting March 2012 about social media that featured…Pinterest. I stopped resisting.
- Fell in LOVE with Pinterest but discovered I wanted to CREATE my OWN posters. Only one problem. I didn’t have a clue how to do it.
- Got a CLUE! I got a bunch of them which included a camera, a few simple software tools, some “fresh intuition”, a healthy dose of passion and a desire to create that was so strong, there was no turning back. (And believe me, sometimes I think what have I gotten myself into!)
- Launched the Daily Dose – vitamin C for your soul my simple and highly visual campaign for consciousness and offered it to the subscribers of my monthly newsletter in June 2012.
- Stopped the Dose on the VERY first day when someone unsubscribed and I thought – “oh, sh**, maybe people don’t want this, maybe I am not suppose to do this?” HUGE crisis of confidence. But the urge to create was even stronger. So…
- I put on my courageous and creative BIG girl pants and here I AM, EIGHT months later creating FIVE posters a week for my growing list of “fresh” fans.
- Which has led to friends Colleen and Madison Altendorf and Wendy Squire lending their creative eye and photos along with my own and a smattering of Microsoft Images for what I call “Dose fodder.” I have heard from scores of other people who have shared the Dose, who quote what consciousness has to say, shared a note with me about how they feel inspired, heard, seen, felt and touched in their daily lives. We are all coming to our senses. But that is a post for another day.
Huh, what a little Dose will do! A little like the children’s book “If You Give a Mouse a Cookie.” Watch what happens with that creative spark…it turns into fire.
Now, here is an example of the creative fun I have ‘seeing’ a finished Dose out of all my potential creative options each week.
I am highly visual and I generally start with the picture. I drop it in PicMonkey and put it through the creative ringer until I land on a combination that pleases my eye. Then the words. More wrangling with text, fonts, spacing, layout and impact. Then, into Mailchimp where I then drop the image in my daily campaign and I write the copy for what “Consciousness” has to say about the wise words or quote on the poster. I then schedule the Dose to be delivered to YOU. (Unless you aren’t on the Dose yet, then head on over here and get fresh.)
My favorite part of the Dose creative process is the transformation of the image into the final poster. Hmmmmmmmmmm, not unlike the process of coaching someone and seeing them transform right before my eyes. I will likely drop YOU in the photo editor and then into a campaign for your own creative unleashing in the world…for your own dose of conscious insight. So, you may have come for the Dose, but check out the Coach.
Here are a few of my favorite Dose transformations. And indeed, the curiosity about transformation, creativity and change is what keeps my eye coming back to the page day after day after day.
The quote says, “you are brilliant and the earth is hiring.”
And this moss on the tree photo from Madison became this.
The quote says, “heroes take journeys, confront dragons and discover the treasure of their true selves.”
And today’s Dose? It was created last night from a photo of a stack of coasters on my sister Amy’s coffee table this weekend. I was in town visiting and noticed a bunch of “Dose fodder” at her house. I arranged the coasters thus and it became this.
So, take a moment today and find yourself as the Dose prompts.
What is the MOI in you?
Where is the fresh MOI in your day?
A little Dose will do ya.